Population: 1´985.379 (2001)
Max draft of 9.75 meters brackish water.
• Five berths for General cargo with total length
of 925 meters.
• Three berths for Container vessels with total
length of 555 meters.
• One berth for grain & multipurpose vessels
(in concession to Andipuerto) with total length of
155 meters for vessels up to 210 meters of LOA.
• Four closed warehouses located at first line
in front of General cargo berths. Twenty closed warehouses
located on second line.
• Four closed warehouses located on third line
for dangerous goods.
• Four container yards located in front of Container
berth for up to 7500 Teus each. Three warehouses for
For characteristics of Grain & Multipurpose terminal
see Andipuerto Guayaquil
Main Cargoes: All types of cargo, including bananas,
containers, general cargo. The port handles an average
about 5 million MT per year.
Congestion: During rain season Jan-Apr.